Thursday, August 26, 2010

Monday, August 23, 2010

This Week in Virology - 1% Scope?

Usually the podcast This Week in Virology is focused on viruses that make us sick (that's the tagline for the show, even), but this episode was somewhat unusual. It was live from the meeting of the American Society for Virology, with some special guests. The first half of the show, especially, was about how probably only 1% of viruses actually cause disease, and many of the remaining 99% may be beneficial. The focus was on plants, which was pretty interesting, but there was talk about animal viruses as well. I recommend it to any microbe lovers!